Biomass - Biomass boilers can be used in place of a gas or oil boiler to heat radiators and to heat the hot water.
Biomass is an environmentally friendly, safe and a very cost effective way of heating any type of property, using wood pellets or chips as fuel. Biomass boilers are fully automatic and behave like an oil or gas boiler, using advanced controls to heat your property. There's no need to get on hands and knees to light them.
The price of wood pellets is very stable and compared to oil the savings per unit of heat are approximately 34%.
Installations that meet the RHI criteria will also be eligible for the proposed ongoing payments under the R H I scheme.
Burning wood produces ash, so wood pellet boilers normally require cleaning and maintenance, choosing a 'self cleaning' boiler design, reduces the need for cleaning to just once a year under normal conditions.
- Offers fantastic savings when compared to Oil and LPG
- Available all year round and not dependent on external factors such as the sun or wind
- Clean to use, convenient supply and easy to store
- Fully programmable, thermostatically controlled and automatic start stop at the push of a button
- Wood is replaced in turn from sustainable and renewable, CO2 absorbing new tree growth
- Low moisture content for more efficient burning
- Offers local business opportunities and supports the rural economy
- Can be sourced locally, from within the UK, on an indefinite basis, contributing to security of supply